Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wiscasset, Maine: The Marston House & Treats

The Marston House: Wiscasset, Maine

I'm skipping around a little bit but I promise to add all my new Maine spots to my growing list over here. When we were returning home we stopped by The Marston House in Wiscasset, Maine. The store on the first floor of an old house turned B&B has a nice collection of antique linens and objects from France. The space is filled with the most intense but lovely perfume of lavender. Greg made me promise to plant a whole crop of lavender next year. I was inspired by the set of antique pressed flowers prints framed with fabric tape and glass. Reminded me of Amy's lovely diy botanical print project I spotted over at design*sponge. So simple and beautiful.


The Marston House

Main Street at Middle Street

Wiscasset, Maine

207-882-6010

marstonhouse.com



The Marston House: Wiscasset, Maine
The Marston House: Wiscasset, Maine
The Marston House: Wiscasset, Maine

Just across the street from The Marston House is Treats a specialty food and wine shop previously run by The Marston House owners. Greg and I bought a few bottles of wine and a very yummy cookie. Take a peek inside even if you don't buy anything. The space is totally cute.


Treats

80 Main Street

Wiscasset, Maine

(207) 882-6192

treatsofmaine.com




Treats Wine Shop in Wiscasset, Maine

2 comments:

  1. Ooh. thanks for posting this. I love this place but they were closed when we went by a couple years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I was in Wiscasset the same thing happened to me. They are only open 12-5pm.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online