Friday, July 10, 2009

Thai Beef Salad & Zucchini Bread & Found Record Covers

Thai Beef Salad: Greens & Carrots from Farm Box



We are winding down our week and heading into the weekend. I can't wait to check out Salem's Garden Club tour tomorrow morning. Hopefully the gardens will give me some ideas for my patio space.


Above Thai Beef Salad I made for lunch. Greg worked from home today so he got a treat. I'm not a beef or cow eater. It freaks me out to just stand in front of the meat counter. I don't know what it is. I'm slowly converting. The salad was tasty and fresh. I used the lettuce and carrots from my farm box. I got the recipe over here but I did alter it a bit. I added lots more mint and cilantro to the greens and gave the dressing a little more zing with some rice wine vinegar. I threw in some grape tomatoes and carrots too.


When I should have been thinking about dinner tonight I made zucchini bread instead. I was looking for a good recipe when I came across this post over at Eating Is Art. She had me at, spicy. Slightly spicy and yum.


Greg found a box of old records on the curb early this morning. He knew I would love them so he dragged them home. Most of them are classics like Beethoven, Bach, Vivaldi. My favorite cover is Beethoven on a Pepto Pink background. Scratchy classical music playing on a warm summer night kinda sounds magical. Now I just need to find a record player. Have a nice weekend!


Zucchini Bread
Found Records

8 comments:

  1. I've lately become a meat eater but I am in denial about it. That salad looks AMAZINGLY delicious!! Love the records. Have a great weekend, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for zucchini bread! Hope you enjoyed it! It looks delish:) And your steak salad looks amazing too, I've been dabbling in my thai-esk cooking, my fav:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I'm glad to visit a great blog. Smart posts and beautiful photos. I like to contact people, all over the world, by his blogs.Would you follow me,because I'm afraid to lost your blog?I'm waiting your visit. Thank's

    Hi!
    I'm glad to visit a great blog. Smart posts and beautiful photos. I like to contact people, all over the world, by his blogs.Would you follow me,because I'm afraid to lost your blog?I'm waiting your visit. Thank's

    Hi!
    I'm glad to visit a great blog. Smart posts and beautiful photos. I like to contact people, all over the world, by his blogs.Would you follow me,because I'm afraid to lost your blog?I'm waiting your visit. Thank's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo- great find! I love records too. We ended up buying a new record player for only $50 at JC Penneys of all places. I think I've also seen them at Fred Flare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love meat on salad. It's such a nice contrast and feels much more fresh than just eating a hunk of meat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are slowly "converting"? What troubles me most is that you are AWARE that perhaps meat ain't all that "right"? Am I understanding this correctly? Why force your self to eat it, since as an educated, sophisticated woman with style, you know that the the meat industry causes more harm to the environment than the ENTIRE U.S. car population; that processing 10 pounds of beef (cow) uses that SAME amount of water than an average family of 4 uses in an entire YEAR! You probably know this, but, as a fan of your style graces, I thought I'd just remind you :) Keep up the hard, and awesome work that you do spread!
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy - You can get a record player at Target for $80 and it's also a radio/CD/tape player with an ipod adapter. I love mine and the sound quality is decent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you may be able to find a record player up at the Swap Shed at the Transfer Station.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online