Thursday, July 2, 2009

Stripe and Plaid Ties

plaid and stripe ties

I have a few thoughts...I love these ties because of their fabric and I wish I could find more madras plaids in fun bright colors in cotton. Below a beautiful silk chiclet plaid in multi colors. Which reminds me of a friend that I worked with at House & Garden (lizzie bailey) wore a shirt with this pattern. oh how I wished that shirt was mine! I would love to find this design in cotton to make a dress or maybe just a tablecloth. Anyone know a good source? The image below is a camera phone shot from Zimmans in Lynn, Ma.


chicklet silk fabric
apc: madras collection

p.s. I almost forget to include this adorable plaid dress from APC I wrote about a few weeks ago. Love that fabric!



Similar to the ties assorted Plaids from Atlantis Fabrics.



Related Posts:

Stripe & Check Fabric

Spring Madras Plaid Pillows & Fabric

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try sewing a tie and those ones are making me wish i had a boy to spoil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lately obsessed with plaids and madras, so this post was one big lovefest for me. thanks, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love those ties! I wish the days in NYC when the huz worked in a corporate office and got to accessorize with nifty ties. of course he's happier at his new job, but that doesn't mean I don't miss the old wardrobe!

    have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online