Monday, July 27, 2009

Red's Eats Wiscasset, Maine

Red's Eats in Wiscasset, Maine

As you make your way through Wiscasset you can't miss Red's Eats. A fish shack made famous for it's lobster rolls and fried fish. New England is on a fried fish overload. I know I should love it because I grew up in New England but frankly I don't. Do we really need to fry everything??


If your not in the mood for fried fish (my boyfriend swears by the fried haddock) go for the lobster roll. Red's gets awards again and again for being the best. Great big chunks with butter or mayo on the side. I thought it was ok. The chunks were so big they were hard to chew. I like my roll with slightly smaller chunks mixed with a just little mayo. The mayo keeps the meat moist and totally yummy. Red's is a fun stop nonetheless and the staff is super nice and helpful. I hate to be negative but I hate posts that fluff the truth especially when it comes to food. Maybe mayo on the side is your thing?


Red's Eats

Rt 1 & Water Street

Wiscasset, Maine

207-882-6128



Redd's Menu Board in Wiscasset, Maine
Red's Lobster Roll and Clam Cakes

5 comments:

  1. Did you go to the little gourmet eatery there? I think it's on the row of shops near Smitten.. Can't remember but I hope it's still there. It was yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did pop in there. Really cute! A large wood communal table sits behind the counter. They have a really awesome wine shop on the other side of the cafe. I tried to take a photo but it was really blurry. Will make a stop next time I'm up in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I really enjoy your images and your style. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I hate mayo so I'd definitely prefer it on the side. But everyone likes things different ways, I guess. Looks like you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness.....that's my kind of lunch!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online