Monday, July 20, 2009

Picking Strawberries in Maine

Picking Strawberries in Maine

I'm up in Maine this week bumming around and enjoying the hot summer weather. I went to look for some blueberry picking spots this afternoon with no luck. Instead, I found a field in Cape Elizabeth still picking strawberries. With all the rain we've had on the east coast the strawberries have been pretty crummy. I picked a few pints. They were ok. Sweet but not the bet I've ever had. For dessert tonight I made some strawberry shortcake with whip cream. Tasted like summer. Above and below a few photos of the field and me sporting my vacation look.



Picking Strawberries in Maine
Picking Strawberries in Maine
Picking Strawberries in Maine

12 comments:

  1. Yum! I had some local organic strawberries on the weekend - there's nothing quite like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Fun to see your photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello! i don't think we've ever seen your pic on the blog before

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much fun strawberry picking in Maine when I was up there last week! Also, I'm not sure if you're scoping out shops beyond Route 1, but I posted on a great antique shop in Sabbatus. Have so much fun in Maine! I wish I was still there eating fresh strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Katy, It looks like you were in my 'neck of the woods' yesterday. That is a lovely strawberry patch and so close to the ocean and great ice cream...Kettle Cove Ice Cream...hope you didn't miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, love your vacation look!

    Mopar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys for the nice comments on the personal photo. I think I look like a total dork. Many more Maine photo to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we went to that same place last summer! Tell Maine I say hi. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy,
    Per your blog see that you had no luck in your scouting out for wild blueberries. I happen to have large supply at my property in New Gloucester (about 35 minutes north of Portland) and happy to share them with anybody that wants to pick.
    Let me know if in the area and want to take me up on the offer.
    Ruth
    www.antiquesbyzaar.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do NOT look like a dork! I'm heading up to Swan's Island, Maine next Wednesday and can't wait! Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope this isn't too wildly off topic, but just FYI that APC madras fabric you love is for sale for $41 for a top at Creatures of Comfort and a lot of other places online. OK, now, back to renovation!

    Mopar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Mopar but I just bought a ton of fabric that I am working on making tops and dresses out of. Spent $40 and hopefully will have 4 dresses and one top.

    See on twitter. http://twitpic.com/b5nln

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online