Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lamp Kits for Glass Bottles

inspiration from tom scheerer: bottle lamps

Grace from design*sponge shared a great glass jug lamp this morning on twitter. She wondered where she could find the parts to make her own. I've been eyeing this project for months. I would love some glass jug lamps scattered all around my house. They feel so nautical and New England.


Above is an inspiration shot from Tom Scheerer. A few glass reed wrap bottles and insulators I've spotted at local flea markets below. The jugs are quite easy to convert. You can purchase a cork sockets for around $15, thanks Kate Flaim for the source! Basically you just stick the cork into the bottle and your done. Below an Insulator Night Light Kit for $20. So cute for a small space or hallway.



I haven't found a source online yet for vintage glass jugs. I have spotted them at fleamarkets and antique stores around New England. Do you know a good online source? Leave a comment below.


p.s. Anne from the City Sage just gave me the head's up on a post about unique jug resources on decorology.



Bottles wrapped in reed@ Todd's Farm
Old Glass@ Todd's Farm



Related Posts:

Diy: Pleated Lampshade Covers

Modern Glass Table Lamps

Vintage Industrial Lighting

9 comments:

  1. Have you tried ebay? I've found ebay to be a great source for anything vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about a regular source, but isn't this a lovely one on ebay?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120356254000&category=18874&refid=store

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Wildly expensive, of course. But that color!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw an article on Blenko glass in the recent issue of Country Living?

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are a little more pricey (compared to somethings on ebay) but...
    http://www.ballarddesigns.com/Accessories/Decorative-Accessories/Jute-Covered-Demijohn/p/10551?path=1%2C2%2C1558%2C1562&iProductID=10551

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun project. I'm going to check the thrift store this week and see what sort of jug I can find. Thanks for all the data on this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice photos. I recommend you ebay for buuing and selling antique glass bottles.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online