Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The High Tide Inn: Camden, Maine

Cottage in Camden, Maine
Cottage in Camden, Maine

My mom a Midwest girl married my New England father in hopes that someday she could stay in a cottage by the sea. Small little cottages dot the rocky coastline all the way up Route One. My dad being a grumpy New Englander referred to them as, Tourist Traps. My dad's dead now but my mom finally did get her wish forty years later.


We stayed at a cute little place just outside Camden for about $100 a night (we negotiated the price). The cottage looked out to a rolling wildflower field that tumbled it's way down to the ocean. We took a stroll on the rocky beach before the black flies hit at sunset. Further north in Acadia National Park they have signs saying, "Don't Take Our Rocks!". They are pretty seducing rocks. I stuck a few in my pockets to remember our trip.


That night, we could hear the waves crashing on the beach. The sky was so clear you could see the streaks and stars of the Milky Way Galaxy. I woke up around 2 am thinking I could hearing someone having sex in a nearby cottage. Turns out it was only an owl. Not that I've ever known a hooter but it was an odd sound to hear.


The High Tide Inn

Rt 1

Camden, Maine

(207) 236-3724





Rocks on The Beach in Maine
Sunset at beach in Camden, Maine
Rocky Beach at Sunset in Camden, Maine
Rocky Beach at Sunset in camden, Maine
Rocky Beach at Sunset in Camden, Maine

10 comments:

  1. Wow... that looks so dreamy. I am in love with that little cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like to be there right now! Gorgeous and so serene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing. Perhaps we should stay in a cottage one night while we're there! It does sounds alluring... Hilarious about the owl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post.

    Your comment about the owl made me laugh out loud . . . i went camping in NH last weekend and was awakened by what I thought was an owl, but turned out to be a very loud girl having sex! (No joke!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Camden ... some of my most favorite vacations ever have been there. The night sky is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. I bet it was hard to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, recently, stumbled across your lovely site and have been hooked ever since. Your photographs are incredibly beautiful. It may seem a strange question, but what camera do you use? Not that having a better camera will help me have a more artful eye-lol...but anything helps. Much thanks!

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kaza.

    I used two cameras for my trip. I have a Canon Powershot SD870IS a point and shoot....perfect 95% of the time. I borrowed a Nikon D200 from my brother for the road trip. The nikon is really heavy, big, and expensive. But takes great photo that have more depth and better tonal values.

    I am thinking about getting a Nikon D40 about $450 and a few nice lens. A big more compact then most slrs and easier to use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little cottage looks so peaceful - what a lovely place to spend some time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online