Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Granola & Kale Chips Kinda Afternoon

granola and kale chips

Yesterday afternoon, I got a craving for granola. I figured while I had the oven on I would try making Kale chips. The recipe is pretty simple. 3T. olive oil, 1T. apple cider vinegar, and 1 tsp. of salt. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.


When I made the recipe I wrote down the incorrect amount of salt. I almost doubled the amount the of salt suggested! The chips were so salty I could barely eat them. I'm not really a fan of salty things so the mistake made the chips inedible. I tried to sift through them and find some with just a little salt. I could imagine them being good. Actually let's be honest I could imagine them being ok. Everyone in the blogosphere seems to rave about them...why don't I like them? I would much rather use my kale for a soup or as blog reader suggested on a pizza with sausage. Above a shot of my granola and Kale chips.


Related Posts:

Vegetable Box: Week 5

1 comment:

  1. two of my favorites things this year: homemade granola and crispy kale chips!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online