Monday, July 27, 2009

Avolli: Scandinavian Antique Furniture

Avolli Swedish Antiques in Scarbourgh, Maine

While I was in Maine I met up with Tricia Mitchell of Avolli. I had a blast checking out her collection of antiques from Scandinavia. Tricia explained that many of pieces found had layers and layers of paint covering their beauty. Her pieces are carefully restored to their original finish when possible. My favorites pieces belong to the Gustavian style (1700-1800's). I love the softness of the style infused with a bit of rococo femininity.


Above and below a few shots of the warehouse in Scarbourgh, Maine. Check upholstery displayed on the backs of side chairs is so pretty and surprising. Tricia's pieces are top notch and display the finest examples of the period. Every piece is absolutely perfect and gorgeous. They are pricey but investing in quality antiques will hold it's value for generations. Hmm what should I save up for first? Check out Avolli.com for detailed info on all the pieces shown and to make appointments to visit the showroom: avolli.com.


p.s. Tricia blogged about me too, see here.


Avolli Swedish Antiques
Swedish Clocks at Avolli in Scarbourgh, Maine
Avolli Swedish Antiques
Swedish Dining Chairs at Avolli
Avolli Warehouse

Related Posts:

Colorful Swedish Rag Rugs

4 comments:

  1. those look amazing. I wish I could find things like that easily in craigslist, but good antiques are not always easy to find.
    Those clocks are fabulous, and since I need dining chairs, I am pretty sure I would find more than plenty at that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy,

    It was so fun to meet you in person and have an opportunity to talk about antiques, home renovations, blogging, etc. You're amazing and I can't wait until we meet again!

    My best,
    Tricia - Avolli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, they're ALL beautiful! And I really love the clocks :)

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online