Friday, July 10, 2009

Antique Fern Lithographs

antique fern botanical print

I've been eyeing fern botanical prints for months now. I would love to do a series of them on a wall in my living room. How sweet are these? The prints are antique lithographs from 1879 by Daniel Cady Eaton. Prices range from $85-$90 each. Available through panteek.com. I really want six of them. Where do I find $600? Shit I hate it when you find something you love that's totally unique but you don't have the money to buy them. Why do you torture me? What could I sell?


fern print

Related Posts:

Inspiration: Fern Botanical Art

11 comments:

  1. hope you go forward with this idea, because they're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think even if you just buy one , it will make an impact! And having one might make it seem even more special . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are wonderful! I hope you can find a way to swing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pressing a couple of types of ferns to frame, ever thought of using the real thing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emerson--Pressing was option one but I got totally seduced by these prints. I guess pressing is much more economical. Hmm what to do.

    I could buy two and stack them on one of the walls?

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://cgi.ebay.com.my/FERNS-OF-NORTH-AMERICA-Daniel-Cady-Eaton-3-COLOR-PLATES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ120383720730
    I found this on ebay, and this http://www.studiobotanika.com/product-list.php?pg1-cid50.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a lovely idea! (note to self: steal idea) and there do seem to be a lot of botanic prints available online - some more here: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26400184

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are amazing, katy! definitely feel you with the whole being able to afford things...

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's a blog that posts high-res printable images of a lot of older ephemera (already in the public domain), including botanicals:

    http://vintageprintable.com/wordpress/vintage-printable-botanical-various/

    Might not find the exact same thing, but it would certainly be a cheaper print.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online