Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Agnes Martin

agnes martin: paintings

One of all time favorite painters is Agnes Martin. Her intimate and delicate images enthrall me. Each painting feels like a flutter or reflection. I was reading over at Dear Ada that the Sundance Channel did a wonderful documentary on Agnes's life. Totally bummed that I don't get cable. Maybe I'll surf around and find it online? Above and below just a few of my favorites by Agnes.


agnes martin: paintings
agnes martin: paintings

Related Posts:

Zoe Pawlak: Painter

Artist: Emma Walker

Janis Provisor: Long Fall Print

6 comments:

  1. aaaah, so beautiful! so many beautiful posts lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is one of my faaaaaaaavorites. Nice to see her on a blog. They had a wonderful installation at Dia:Beacon in NY- I'm not sure it's still there... but it left such an impression on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Agnes painting at the Dia: Beacon too! Amazing. The Dia's website said it was longer there. bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You reminded me of my university years with this post! I had borrowed one book about her from the library for inspiration and kept it in my locker for far too long...loved her work

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful book of her writings, if you not already know it:

    Agnes Martin Writings, edited by Herausgegeben von Dieter Schwarz

    They are worth looking at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! The documentary about Agnes is called "With my back against the world." Netflix has it. love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online