Sunday, May 17, 2009

More Side Garden Progress

view from above side garden

We worked on the side garden a little more over the weekend. I went to a few local plant sales and scored a Wild Aster, Pink Phlox, and a green plant I can't remember the name of. It's in the foreground of the third image down. I got a few of my tomato plants outside and in the ground. I spray painted the cages bright red ala Smith & Hawken. I love the way the bright color gives the garden a little pizazz. My willow obelisk I ordered is going in front of the tomato plants. I just need a few more plants. I'm searching for a Twist & Shout Lace Cap Hydrangea and a hybrid lilac. I think things could be getting a little crowded so I think I need to stop and just let everything grow. Next up? The big pile of dirt behind the garden needs to removed to make way for a patio. Hopefully I can move most of the dirt over to raised bed shade garden I would like to do. Above and below a few shots of garden.


side garden
garden with tomato stakes
red tomato cages

dirt pile that will become a patio

Related Posts:

Shopping for Perennials

Willow Obelisk for Garden

3 comments:

  1. Looks great Katy. Are you going to mulch? It saves a lot of time, energy, and money...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dog-Eared PagesMay 18, 2009 at 9:16 PM

    Katy... you might try [http://www.syringaplus.com] in West Newbury, MA for Lilacs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We plan on mulching. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online