Tuesday, May 5, 2009

House Renovation: Photoshop Granite Step

photoshopped doorstep

We didn't get much work done on the house over the weekend. I was working and greg was off having fun. He did take photos of the granite step and photoshopped it into place. ha! So now all we have to do is physically get the stone in. Unfortunately, Photoshop can't do that step.


I was a little bit concerned the granite piece was too big. The more I thought about I realized it won't look so odd once we have a new door and new molding around the door. We lost the original door & molding when a drunk driver hit the house years ago. Shutters, flower boxes, a new light, and a paint job will also help balance the space.


p.s. check out out new granite pavers we put in on the side of the house.


Related Posts:

House Renovation: Buying a Granite Step

House Renovation: Granite Pavers For Garden Border


Postcard of the House

5 comments:

  1. This made me laugh - if only life were as easy as Photoshop! Sometimes I do something, like spill food on the floor and I start looking for the ctrl+z buttons in my head. Alas, I have to fix things the hard way sometimes.

    By the way - how precious that you have a photo of your house from back when!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the step there I'm not sure if I like it. It works and many other houses in town have exactly this, but I'd be happy with a version of the wooden steps in the old photo. We would have to shorten them from 3 to 2. Painting them would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't worry about the size of the granite step because you do want it to extend a bit beyond the door on each side. As you said, once the new door, trim and light are in everything will fall into place.

    Tricia - Avolli

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's looking great... for door and molding and other needs you might have luck with the architectural salvage at www.oldhouseparts.com - it's in Kennebunk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dog-Eared I visited Old House Parts last fall. I wrote a post about this terrific source here.

    http://www.katyelliott.com/blog/2008/11/old-house-parts.html

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online