Monday, May 11, 2009

House Renovation: Granite Step & Plants in!

greg gets the step in!
front of house with step in

I hope everyone had a nice relaxing weekend. We worked on our gardens a bit. Greg finally got the granite step in. This time it's not photoshopped. The step fits perfectly. I can't believe we actually did it. The rock was a monster. In the second image our hydrangeas starting to sprout. We planted the hydrangeas and put in the granite pavers last fall.


My mom came down over the weekend and brought a few plants from her garden. I need a few more but we are off to a good start. I kinda wish I could snap my fingers and everything would be in bloom. Patience, katy. I need a flowering bush for the end of the garden. I've thought about lilacs, butterfly bushes, and lace cap hydrangeas. I have to keep looking around.



plants on side of yard

Related Posts:

This Weekend: Working on Garden Plan

House Renovation: Photoshop Granite Step

House Renovation: Granite Pavers For Garden Border

5 comments:

  1. It's looking great, Katy! That step really *is* the perfect size and shape. I'm excited -- for some reason, I feel a lot of satisfaction each time you post your progress for us. I know, I'm not doing anything over here except "watching" via blog posts, but still, I'm eager!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that must feel great to have that step in place. What a lot of hard work. It looks great.

    Tricia - Avolli

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! i just love your blog, check it every day-- thanks for all the inspiration !
    bre - brookline, ma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! Congratulations. I't so much fun to see your house in progress. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing! Definitely worth all the heavy lifting!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online