Tuesday, May 19, 2009

English Cottage Garden Inspiration

Miss Thrifty


I've been on a bit of search for cottage garden inspiration. Many of the images I've found are in books or magazines. My scanner is on the fritz which makes it hard to share. I discovered a group on flickr called, Cottage Gardens. Hundred of photos depicting quintessential English style gardening: wild untamed garden beds filled with layers upon layers of color. Someday I wish my gardens will be this beautiful.


Chezmundo's Photostream



UGArdener's photostream



UGArdener's photostream



devonpaul's photostream


lpbascom's photostream


Queen_Pigletta's photostream


Related Posts:

Garden Paths via Sunset Magazine

Willow Obelisk for Garden

Willow Edging & Lavender

6 comments:

  1. These are soooo very beautiful! I LOVE English cottages so very much, but after living in Sweden for a year I am madly in love with their windmill houses, classic red Swedish houses and their garden allotment houses. Amazing! (Seee blog for photos of some)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these. I must check out that flickr group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the bottom photo by Queen Pigletta is very reminiscent of your garden, narrow and close to the road, looks like there may be a lot of phlox in various colors...getting those different levels of blooms makes it look nice and full....so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I would love to live in any of those homes - especially the last one - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could move into any of these lovely little homes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are absolutely beautiful--magical! i feel like british things have been all over the place lately and i'm loving it. dreaming many a trip to the countryside whilst i work the day away. . . .

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online