Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Diy: Pleated Lampshade Covers


Many of you feel in love with Rie Elise Larsen's pleated lampshades I posted yesterday. I found diy instructions on marthastewart.com so that we can all make our own. Super easy. Basically you fold decorative paper accordian style, holes are punches around the shade, and a string is threaded through the holes to pull the shade together. See the full instructions here.


Need a source for decorative paper to make the shades? Try Paper Source for a large selection of Japanese, Indian, and European papers. A few of my favorites below. Also try using wrapping paper, wallpaper, or paper you have hand stamped. Have fun!


Paper Source Decorative Papers

4 comments:

  1. Sweet - Nice find! I'll have to save that so I can try it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online