Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Pansies at Garden Store

spring pansies

It's freezing cold and gray outside again today. I honestly can't stand this New England weather anymore. Last month I thought I was at my breaking point but today I was about to spend the whole day in bed. I took a drive over to the garden store with my winter coat and hat still on and discovered, pansies! I couldn't believe my eyes. I walked around in the freezing cold trying to pick out a few. I think I asked the garden staff a hundred times, "I can plant these outside, now?" I didn't buy any today because frankly I didn't feel like being outside digging up dirt in 35 degree temps. Saturday should be in the high 50s. I'll take some photos once I have them planted in my front bed. Yeah, Spring!



spring pansies
spring pansies

Related Posts:

Narcissus Bulbs Coming Up!

March Flowers at The Garden Store

Front Garden Last Fall


4 comments:

  1. They're so jolly, aren't they? My pansies did really well last year and I planted them before the danger of frost had ended. The bummer was that they took a major nosedive in the heat of a NYC August - so maybe that New England weather will work to your advantage in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happens to pansies everywhere P! They are a cold weather kinda flower. I hope they last till July. By then my hydrangeas I planted last summer will fill in the space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh pansies are so happy aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online