Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Recipe: Banana Chocolate Chip Quick Bread

banana chocolate chip bread out of the oven
banana chocolate chip bread

This afternoon I came home from my wine store job and enjoyed a glass of wine and slice of banana chocolate chip bread. Yes, that is melted butter on my slice. SO decadent. I'm kinda loving my unemployed life. I made the banana bread last night after being inspired by Eating Is Art's recipe. I altered the recipe a bit and came up with my own version. Quite yummy. A perfect snack for a rainy afternoon. I might need a nap now. Maybe a movie first?


Recipe:

1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1 T. vanilla extract

2 ripe bananas

3 T. milk

2 cups flour

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

1 cup chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray, and set aside.



Cream butter and sugar together in a mixer. Add egg and vanilla to wet ingredients.


Mash bananas. Add milk to bananas. Stir. Add banana mixture to wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated.


Sift flour, baking powder, soda, and salt together. Incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients in three parts. Mix till just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.


Pour batter into loaf pan. The mixture will be quite thick. Even out the top with a rubber spatula and bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool for a few minutes in the pan before removing. Enjoy!



afternoon treat: bread and wine

Related Posts:

Recipe: Peanut Butter Jelly Bars

10 comments:

  1. yum! what a life:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh wah! I think I'm going to have to try this out (being that I too am experiencing the unemployed life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew there was a reason that I bought TOO many bananas this week!..and red wine...we always buy too much of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JEALOUS!!!! I'm making banana bread for the NSS this year. I LOVE banana bread. I don't think I've ever tried it with butter or a glass of wine. Sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an absolutely delicious recipe, and it is very easy to make. I am often never satisfied with the amount of chocolate recipes call for (they usually want way too much), but one cup was the perfect amount. It didn’t over power the banana, so you are able to equally enjoy both flavors. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful. I'm glad you loved it. It was mighty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for sharing. my mother-in-law and i made this recipe last weekend and absolutely loved it! it's definitely a keeper. i didn't have a loaf pan so i made them into muffins. they were a hit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hearing that my own recipe has been a hit!

    I'll be sharing more of my recipes this week. Maybe some rhubarb bars, whoopie pies, and maybe something lemoney.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online