Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

cherry blossoms cemetery

I've been waiting all day for the rain to stop so I could get outside to take some earth day photos. The sun never came out like I hoped. I literally just ran across the street from my house (with my slippers still on) and took these photos at one of my local cemeteries.


I hope everyone takes a sec today to think about their own personal impact on the earth. Taking the time to turn off lights, recycle, and remembering to use a canvas bag at the grocery store might seem silly. If your against all this green change...think about it this way. Do you want to remembered as the generation that didn't care about anything but themselves. Gluttony is disgusting and so unattractive. Do you want the movie, "Idiocracy" to come true? Shiver. If you don't know this movie you should watch it. Maybe the disgusting behavior that's predicted to happen in the future will scare you to change.



p.s. I love Paul Rudd as the Earth in the new green Elmo dvd. He's my kind of cute! But i do wonder how stoned was he to dance around like that?


p.p.s. the person who threw the starbucks cup out the window of their car on Saturday and into my beautiful garden. You disgust me. How could you litter in such a beautiful town? Seriously, I will kick your ass next time I see you.


cherry blossoms cemetery
cherry blossoms cemetery
cherry blossoms cemetery

7 comments:

  1. ha! you're so sassy in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Katy! You totally rock. Litter in the garden is NOT cool. And, your photos are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no, too sassy? Seriously though I think about waste and laziness a lot. I'm not perfect but I see way too many people that don't seem to care at all. SO bizarre to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, Is it Waterside or Burial Hill Cemetary? I used to live close to Waterside Cemetary. I miss Marblehead and love it when you post pictures. I haven't been back since December, so I loved seeing the trees blooming like this. I agree about the people that litter. That is my pet peeve! One look in my car, and you will see what I mean. I usually get a collection of cups before I clean it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure of the name. It is the cemetery on Harris Street. Behind the Unitarian Church on Mugford.

    ReplyDelete
  6. not too sassy at all. i agree about laziness and waste--so frustrating and so easily avoidable! these pictures are absolutely DREAMY. i'm melting.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online