Monday, April 20, 2009

Darryl Carter: 19th Century Virginia Farmhouse

Elle Decor: Darryl Carter

I hope everyone is enjoying Monday. I am having a bit of a late start. This week I am working mornings at the wine shop so I won't be able to blog till the afternoon.


I was checking out this interior designed by Darryl Carter over the weekend. The 19th-century Virginia farmhouse is decorated in a simple neutral palette. I'm drooling over the zinc table in the kitchen. I fall in love with interiors that feel so constrained. I just don't know if I could ever pull it off. I'm such a sucker for color and pattern. Check out more photos of the home over at Elle Decor.


(discovered via Plush Palate)


Elle Decor: Darryl Carter

6 comments:

  1. Stunning! Great mix of light and dark and love the mix of woods too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, I know what you mean! I'm thisclose to painting my walls white and tossing out all of my stuff, but who am I kidding? That's so not me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks for mentioning my blog for the pics! Don't you just LOVE Darryl Carter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Darryl Carter, too. His book is gorgeous and worth having if you like his style. By the way, Katy, I think that the table in the kitchen has a marble top, not zinc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your right. The table is probably marble. I just love zinc.I really want something similar for my dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all white interiors with dark wood. dreamy

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online