Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Sewing Project

Sewing on Sunday

On Sunday afternoon I went out and bought a few yards of inexpensive fabric so I could practice making pillows. My newest creation is below. I am getting the hang of sewing but I'm having problems getting the envelope back to lie flat. I tried sewing the sides of the top flap a bit narrower. I tested different pillows with less loft. This seems to work the best but the pillows feels too flat now. A women at the fabric store suggested I put a piece of velcro on the flap. I don't really like that idea. Maybe I will forget the envelope back idea and try using a zipper? Hmmm. Greg kept telling me the pillow looked fine and I was being crazy. I just want it to look perfect. SO what if I am a bit obsessive.


Pillow I made on Sunday

Related Posts:

Pillow I Made Over The Weekend

Inspiration: Toast's Spring Madras Plaid Pillows

Red and Pink Liberty Print Fabric

3 comments:

  1. I love your pillows - they look so lofty and comfy. What about a cute, vintage button?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the button on the first pillow I made last week. I didn't really like it. The fabric pulled a bit. I need to figure out a different method for making the top flap. I'll try again this afternoon and post a report.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the new pillow kate!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online