Monday, March 30, 2009

Tomato Seeds Growing

Tomato Seeds Growing

A little garden update. My heirloom tomato seeds are sprouting. I had a lot of seeds; 72 plants in total. I realize I can't grow all of these plants in my small yard. A few are going to my sister's house down in New York and to a friend. If you live in Marblehead and are interested in growing a few heirloom tomato plants; please feel free to send me an e-mail.


In our garden news I recently signed up at my local food coop to recieve a package of farm fresh veggies, herbs, and cheese each week. We're going to be eating like kings all summer long! Want to find out more about food coops and local farming in your area? Check out: localharvest.org.


Related Posts:

Sowing Tomato Seeds

Buying Heirloom Tomato Seeds

5 comments:

  1. Aww yay! Look at your garden grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing tomatoes in a container garden this year on a back patio. Cross your fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! wonderful little tomatoes! sigh. where IS spring?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I've been spending a lot of time staring at the soil to see if my seeds are coming up. I'd almost given up hope and this morning I finally saw some sweet little green things pop up. So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I only have room for a couple tomato plants (and in containers), I decided I would just buy a couple plants. Growing from seed is so much more fun though! I am growing flowers from seed :)

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online