Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sowing Tomato Seeds

sowing tomato seeds

I'm so excited I sowed my tomato seeds this morning! I love saying the word "sow". Yesterday all twelve heirloom varieties arrived from Tomato Bob. We are going to have a tomato farm! Only problem? The sunny spot in our so called yard is adjacent to a busy sidewalk. Eventually we want to put up a fence but that probably won't happen till the fall. I hope I don't have any tomato thieves. Greg suggested I put up sign that says, "Tomatoes Are Poisonous!".


sowing tomato seeds
watering seeds
sowing tomato seeds

9 comments:

  1. This is great! I would definitely steal one if I was passing by;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to eat tomato salad at your house this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have one of the best indoor greenhouses I have ever seen~

    ReplyDelete
  4. In NC, our thieves are all deer. Marauding deer. Check with your neighbors - we planted all of our tomatoes in containers on our deck after the first season! Good luck with the garden! I'm totally coveting your wide-plank floors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a kid I thought tomatos were poisonous. How about roof-top gardening or window-box tomatos? Hanging tomato baskets can do quite well too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmph, my comment just erased itself, I think. I'm digging that dilapidated wallpaper wall ... I know you're probably not leaving it like that, but I'm going to insist you do anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is anyone else having commenting problems? damn blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get some old tin and make a homemade "vintage" DDT sign.
    Check out this one > http://greenhorizon.rec.org/bulletin/Bull124/insight_poison.html

    Good Luck and your blog continues to bring me back - thanks. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! I can't wait to start a veggie garden at my house and tomatoes are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online