Tuesday, March 3, 2009

New! Vintage Finds & Shop Dilemma

tugboat photograph


I really want to start my own store online. I've started to collect a few pieces for the shop. The problem? I want to keep them all for myself. I started to wonder how do you decide which pieces to sell and what to keep? I can imagine it would be a little easier if the pieces weren't one of kind...one for me and one for you. But with vintage finds it might be really, really, hard to give up my favorites. And if your answer to this is, don't sell your favorites. Then, my shop would just be boring. My favorites are the good stuff. Maybe this will be easier as I gather more items. Above a photo of a tugboat (love!) and below a set of 10 blue and white English china plates. How could I part with those beauties?


blue and white china

5 comments:

  1. I have no idea how you'd part with those plates, but I'd take them!
    and the tug boat too!
    such great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel! I recently opened an etsy store, stocked mostly with my vintage finds, and I keep removing things from my list! They're like my children! Ack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wondered how people with vintage shops manage this. I don't think I could handle it. Maybe eventually you accumulate so much stuff that you have to start selling things you love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kate, i love the blue plates. you should sell them to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly how to do this because I do it everyday on my Ebay store. The trick is that you get to keep everything for awhile...somethings get to hang around longer than others, some even for a few years and then you find that you are ready to let go of them so that you can replace them with something else...I like to call it "universal rotation"! Both of these treasures would surely stay around for a long while! When I look at your photos...especially those pink rooms...it makes me want to sell everything I own on Ebay and start over.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online