Monday, March 30, 2009

Homemade Blueberry Muffins

Homemade Blueberry Muffins

Last night I made up a batch of homemade blueberry muffins. I'm not so big on muffins but for some reason I was having a craving. I just got my new issue of Cook's Illustrated in the mail featuring a blueberry muffin recipe so I thought I would give it a try. Cook's recipe was a little different then most. Half the blueberries used were just thawed right out of the frozen bag. The other cup was mixed with sugar and reduced over the stovetop to create a blueberry jam. The jam was then swirled into the muffin batter. The muffins got topped with a lemon zest/sugar topping just before baking. Greg loved them. I'm still on the fence. I think I'm more of a scone kinda girl.


blueberry muffin & latte

Related Posts:

Grumpy Heart Cookies

Recipe: Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars

Carrot Cupcakes

4 comments:

  1. Oh, these look beautiful! Great photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it that Cook's Illustrated is so excellent every issue? I think I should go live in America's Test Kitchens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum- i could just gobble them up- love the old style feel of the photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look so wonderful and tasty!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online