Friday, March 20, 2009

Doily Inspired Wedding Gowns


I never really write about wedding gowns. But I came across these three and was enamored by the fabric. I didn't really care that they happen to be wedding dresses. I've been eyeing crochet more and more and wondering if it's a vintage style that's being revived? The dress above is by Lela Rose. The fabric is gorgeous. Below are two close up shots of dresses from J.Crew. I didn't share the zoomed out shots because the models looked really depressed and sad. The flowers aren't crocheted by they do have a handmade doily quality. Really pretty.



Related Posts:

Doily Lights

Crocheted Rocks: Resurrection Fern

Award Ribbons & Crochet

Michaela Scherrer: Doily Drapes

Tree & Kimball: Crocheted Doily Accessories

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous. totally different from what I got married in, but I absolutely love these gowns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm usually very blah about wedding gowns because they all seem so similar (and not anything I ever see myself in) but I've been loving these old fashioned doily options too! They have a great vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the Lela Rose dress and the model's hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, Spring is in the air..is there a wedding in the near future for you? I think this would be lovely in a garden wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wore the bottom j crew dress for our outdoor wedding (on a lake in northern michigan) and i loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nope, no plans of a wedding. maybe an elopement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a wedding dress that's actually really cute!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online