Friday, February 27, 2009

Vintage Chenille Bedspreads


Photo from Tom Scheerer's beach house portfolio.


Nothing says summer/beach house like a retro chenille blanket. I admit some are a bit goofy and over the top but a white version paired with a stripe bedskirt like the image above feels restrained bohemian. I found a few vintage versions on etsy.com that I thought were pretty cute. The pink bedspread is hard to resist (i own a few similar) but to get the look above you really need to stick with white. Maybe the color versions could go in a kids' room? At the way bottom I found an affordable diamond pattern bedspread at L.L.Bean. Scour ebay, etsy, or thrift stores for more.



White on White Popcorn Tufts, $65 catnapcottage.etsy.com.



Cream and Green Tufted Pops on Cream $145 catnapcottage.etsy.com



Vintage chenille bedspread, $95, attic wear's shop.



Diamond Floral Chenille, starting at $69, llbean.com.

3 comments:

  1. how many of the pink ones do you have? I can think of at least three? Katy your silly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! i know I can't resist the pink. I love the way the pink looks when i spot them but not so much in the actual room. It's just that white feels so boring when you see it all alone.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online