Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tom Scheerer: Bahamas Beach House Featured in House & Garden

house & garden: Tom Sheerer Bahamas Project

I've tore this out from House & Garden years ago. One of my favorites. Ignore all the punch holes in the image, the photo has been tacked up on a number of different inspiration boards.


The house was decorated by Tom Scheerer—a genius of casual style. I've always been drawn to how colorful and lively the house feels even though the bright colors are actually only accents. His use of patterning energizes the space and captivates you without being too loud. How amazing are those kitchen tiles and that bed skirt? An idea I hope I can stress while decorating my new house. Check out more of a Tom Scheerer's great beach houses online.






Katsugi in Gold/Mushroom, fschumacher.com.

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite houses, too. I'm crazy over Katsugi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heart that katsugi print so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely interiors---I adore it when beach houses look bright, airy and relaxed without being over the top tropical cheesy. He hits the nail on the head!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online