Friday, February 20, 2009

Katy Allgeyer


I think we are all missing warm weather. Some of my favorite summer childhood memories have been spent in Maine. I moved a lot as a kid but we always went back each summer for a beach week to visit family and relax. Katie Allgeyer visits Maine every summer to work in her Stonington studio. Each painting feels exactly like how Maine feels. The small inlets, gorgeous colors of the sea, and iconic wood boats are reflected in each the works. Check out more: katyallgeyer.com.


4 comments:

  1. beautiful paintings - I really love the first one

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! i spent all my childhood summers in maine, too--and there is something always recognizable (and nostalgic and comforting) about maine landscapes. these are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to discover your blog cia Kathie's work, who happens to be a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. katy, thanks for showing my paintings on your blog. the images are available as originals or printed on greeting cards and various gift items. i look forward to your studio visit this summer when you're up in maine ;) katy

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online