Friday, February 13, 2009

Grumpy Heart Cookies

linzer cookies

I made two different versions of heart cookies last night to celebrate valentine's day. Above linzer cookies filled with jam and below chocolate dipped shortbreads. I was feeling a bit grumpy and pmsy. Don't ever bake when you feel this way. All my hearts are wonky and the chocolate is a bit messy. Thankfully, the cookies were a welcome solace to my bad behavior. This morning I had a chocolate dipped shortbread. Amazing...now I can conquer the day. For similar recipes check out martha stewart's v-day cookie fest online at marthastewart.com.


chocolate dipped shortbread hearts

Heart Cookies

9 comments:

  1. I think the cookies look great. Very folky & rustic. That's what I callit when things aren't perfect;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grumpy or not, you make good-looking cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. At least you have cookies to cheer you up! I feel you though - cooking when grumpy leads to impatience, which leads to somewhat lumpy products. But yours look beautiful, so I'm not sure how grumpy you really were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you have the grumpies! And I love the wonky hearts -- the wonkier the better, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shouldn't bake when I feel that way simply because I will eat all the dough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie - I made the same cookies i.e. the ones with the jam and cut out hearts, however, most of mine cracked except for 4 which I gave to my mum so I didn't get a pic. I think I rolled them out too thinly. The 'middle' bits i.e. the small hearts made it though and are on my blog :o) Hope you feel better and are having a lovely valentines day x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys for supporting my wonky heart cookies!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online