Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Consoles I'm Eyeing


I'm still searching for a console for our den. My first love was the Jonathan Console a simple and non intrusive piece. The price wasn't right and I honestly wasn't that in love. I spotted the two drawer Gustavian style reproduction piece (above) at a store in Beacon Hill last friday. The console is available in two sizes and a few different washes for about $1,200.


But then I started thinking about a few I loved over at Mecox Gardens. The oak twisted leg table is pretty attractive and different. I'm not sure about the wood. Most of the pieces I already own are cherry or maple.



The last choice is another Oly Studio piece. I love the bottom shelf and the gold accents on the trim. The Christine console is way over budget at $2,700. Why is the one I love the most expensive? I really can't afford anything right now. But if I know what I want I can save up. So I guess I need to decide between the Gustavian reproduction or the pricey Oly Studio piece? Let me know if you've spotted any similar alternatives.



1 comment:

  1. This is nice, especially for the price:

    http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=989&f=14814

    But it might not be the right shape.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online