Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chris Jordon


After you realize what these photos actually are you may want to puke or feel really bad about yourself. The images are created by Chris Jordon. Each image portrays a specific quantity of something as it compares to time. The above image depicts 60,000 plastic bags, the number used in the US every five seconds. There are two parts of these images that are crazy.

1) There really are 60,000 plastic bags in that photo.

2) I sometimes forget my canvas grocery bag and get plastic because I'm too lazy to just hold the 5 items. I feel disgusting.


You don't even want to know what the photos are below. If you really want to make yourself sad check out Chris's site now.



4 comments:

  1. This is incredible. What a statement! And it's the timeframe for each -- the speed of consumption -- that's so frightening, to me at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! What are we doing??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's upsetting, but really powerful. Usually I feel like I'm doing my part (reusable shopping bags, turning off electronics, living in NYC and not owning a car), but I know I can do more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love his work. My favorite is the Intolerable Beauty series.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online