Friday, January 30, 2009

Birthday Cake and Flowers

greg's birthday cake

This afternoon I made a cake for my boyfriend's birthday. The cake turned out perfectly. Usually I have a hard time with the buttercream frosting. The frosting sometimes isn't thick enough and slides off the cake. Not this time! I had a perfectly baked even cakes and a nice stiff chocolaty frosting. I can't wait to try it. I bought a few flowers at the grocery store to entertain myself while the cake baked. To view more photos just visit my flickr photostream.


p.s. I will do my weekly round up of posts later tonight.


IMG_5210-pola

flowers

IMG_5255-pola

flowers and dots

flowers on dark background morning 2.1.09

6 comments:

  1. this cake looks amazing! Hmm...enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure what looks better. the cake or the flowers. lovely, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! And the flowers are lovely.
    Happy birthday to your man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those flower photos are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous shots, love the cake and the poppies. great processing on the shots too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man Katy! I'm been commenting on your blog all the time for over a week or so, and never knew it wasn't letting me comment. Something's up with my Firefox, it works with Safari. So, I'm sorry you haven't been getting my comments, I feel so sad. Hopefully it works from now on...

    btw, gorgeous birthday cake, the layers look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online